Sunday, January 15, 2012

Remembering Rapini

Just when I thought my Jewish guilt couldn't get any worse (or better?), I'm lumbering down the produce aisles this week when I spot the bundles of rapini.
Rapini! My old friend; I hadn't given you a second thought in months, not since I fell in with the curly kale crowd.
Remember how much time we used to have for each other? I'd bathe you and blanch you, I'd stir you and steam you. Oh what fun.
And then along comes kale and you're yesterday's news. Shame on me!
Let's let bygones be bygones and start anew. I just picked up an emerald green bunch of you, and by this time next week, you'll be featured in a brand new recipe here.
Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold. And also, green.
Happy New Year, rapini. (And you too, kale.)

No comments: