Friday, June 5, 2009

This just in: Summertime spritzers


Sick of gin and tonics? Bored with beer? 
I just tried a handy new bottled cocktail that I'm pretty sure is going to take me through this summer's patio season. They're spritzers from the good people at Naked Grape, and they come in two winning flavours: Chardonnay and White Zinfandel. 
Got to admit, I was a bit iffy about trying these at first (memories of Rockaberry coolers circa 1992), but then, in turn, was equally surprised by how refreshing they were. 
We're talking Wet Banana Super Slide, refreshing. 
They also taste great. And at around 130 calories per bottle, bikini season has never looked spritzier.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look tasty! Are they a twist-top and easy to open? Or will I need a bottle opener? I may take them to a party next week and want to be prepared!

Amy said...

Bring a bottle opener just in case. I tried to twist the tops off but I couldn't -- though that doesn't necessarily mean they're not twist tops...

Unknown said...

Traditionally, we are strict VQA supporters - however, the heat in Toronto today (33.C! yay!) - the price at the Wine Rack down the street - and easy drinkability get these a thumbs up for sure.

Anonymous said...

Tried these for the first time on the weekend and really enjoyed the light refreshing taste. I tried the Chardonnay and really enjoyed it.....but I'd like to know how many calories it is because I'm a WW member....trying to count points! And yes, you do need a bottle opener.

Anonymous said...

Just tried one - I can never open twist tops but got this no problem. At 130 Calories, it's a lot more filling, not to mention refreshing, than a glass of wine. I'm a fan!

Anonymous said...

Yum-yum! I've tried all three kinds (Zinfandel, Chardonnay & Shiraz) and these are great, not too sweet but very tasty. I'm also on WW and would love to know the exact calories in these babies!! And, the bottles I've had have all been twist tops - although some easier than others. Cheers to beers...err...wine spritzers!