Thursday, October 1, 2009

That's fresh

I was sent this bounty of fresh local fruit and vegetables from the PR reps at Loblaws. A promotional grab bag to be sure, nevertheless it's one I can get behind.

We especially enjoyed the watermelon, peaches and cauliflower. The blueberries were sour though. (I’m just saying.) Hey, remember that Seinfeld episode when Kramer was banned from the fruit store?

This cornucopia of fresh fruit and veg arrived in late summer, so the photo and its contents are a bit out of date, but in a late-breaking development, I just got in from shopping at Metro and without even trying every bit of fresh produce I bought was locally grown, including kale, lettuce, potatoes, celery, squash, apples and grapes.

I know we’re all sick to death about hearing that old “buy local” refrain. But when they make it this easy (and tasty), why wouldn’t you?

No comments: