Friday, April 17, 2009

The best thing since cheese in a can


Gilinsky had sent me the link as a joke, but as it turns out, the joke was on her. Because the next time she flew to Toronto for a visit without her husband -- Andrew absolutely insists they only pack carry-on -- I made her promise to bring me a big old can of all-natural, organic, Batter Blaster. That's right: Pancake and/or waffle batter in the convenience of an aerosol can. 
Perhaps the greatest invention since cheeze in a can, Gilinsky delivered the goods with aplomb, and before too long I was greasing a hot pan. 
A few spritzes, a bit of flipping, and you're rewarded with sweet, if a little airy and thin, pancakes. And as advertised, no fuss, no muss. 
Still, obviously the best thing about it is that it's aerosol batter in a can called Batter Blaster. 

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Our neighbour brought us some from NYC - it's actually pretty damn good.

I was just in NYC and saw Spam Singles, but refrained from buying them as a reciprocal gift (I wasn't sure if I could bring it over the border in good conscience) - maybe that's what started Swine Flu.

Unknown said...

you tell me where to find the spam singles, and i'll bring em to ya!
(only if they can go on my carry-on!)

Amy said...

Spam singles definitely started Swine Flu.