Friday, July 8, 2011

Stampede, y'all

A short posting today because I've got to catch my fight to Calgary in a few minutes as I'm heading off to see the Greatest Show on Earth. It may be the first time I'll be taking in the Stampede, but it won't be my first time eating some tasty Alberta vittles. I'm going to be checking out the Chuckwagon Races and the Stampede Rodeo, and I'll even have a behind-the-scenes Chute Tour of the bucking chutes, which sounds awesome even though I'm not really sure what it means, (though I figure bucking is involved.)
And you can get bet your bottom dollar that I'll be eating lots. I'll be eating Alberta beef and oysters and especially midway food (check out the National Post next weekend for my photographic deep-fried journey.)
The bottom line is, I'm hitting Calgary for a weekend of rootin' tootin' cowboy fun.

No comments: