Monday, December 26, 2011

The year in review

This year I travelled, I cooked, but mostly I ate. Herewith I present my top 10 memorable food trips of 2011.

1. There are no two ways about it. Copenhagen is awesome.

2. But you know what’s even better? Baiersbronn!

3. And Tofino? Forget about it!

4. Meanwhile, Cleveland was a revelation.

5. I drank so many cocktails and so much tea in Victoria that I almost floated away.

6. I finally made it to Calgary during Stampede, and when I wasn’t eating my weight in funnel cake, I was eating dozens of doughnuts.

7. Freshest seafood ever? Try the east coast.

8. It was my first time in San Antonio, but it won’t be my last.

9. Boston’s food scene is on the upswing. Watch for it.

10. Finally, who says you have to travel far to experience the best? Niagara never fails to impress.

Let us all raise our forks and glasses to a great 2012. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Murissa said...

just found this great blog and am happy to see you too are from Canada!
I am a studying writer currently in my last year of university. I love to travel and eat as well!
I envy your job and can only hope I am as fortunate as a writer (and eater) after graduation!
Great work!

The Wanderfull Traveler

Amy said...

Thanks, and I bet you'll do great. Good luck!